08 June 2015

"I don't wear makeup". Or do you?

I have done a lot of faces for the past 8 years.

And you know, while doing my clients' faces, we always make small talk. You see, one of the questions I'd always ask them is, "So, do you wear makeup a lot?"

Now, you need to understand the difference between "So, do you wear makeup a lot?" and "So, do you wear a lot of makeup?".

Both sounded almost alike, but they have different meaning. The former is emphasizing on the frequency of the makeup application and the latter more on how much makeup you put on your face. So, most of the time, my clients would tell me they don't wear makeup. To which I would further investigate, normally, by asking "Not even face powder?"

Now, here's where they normally say, "Yes, I actually do wear compact powder and lipstick."

Those are makeup, actually.

You see, a lot of ladies assume that makeup means full on makeup, you know, foundation, powder, eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara, blusher, lipstick and gloss. Actually, makeup is whatever you put on your face after moisturizer. So the moment you're covering or altering or enhancing your skin colour in some way after putting on your moisturizer, it's considered makeup. Even tinted moisturizer is considered makeup since it alters the overall skin tone even though it's minimal. So now you know. You do wear makeup. Just not a lot of makeup. 

So there. I do wear makeup A LOT. Hehehe. Here's a few examples of myself wearing makeup, some a lot, some not.


So, do you wear makeup a lot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...